Start Your Reply on Top in Mozilla Thunderbird
To make Mozilla Thunderbird position the cursor on top, above quoted text when you reply:
- Select Tools | Account Settings… from the menu.
- Go to the Composition & Addressing category under the desired email accounts.
- Make sure Automatically quote the original message when replying is checked under Composition.
- Now choose start my reply above the quote next to Then,.
- For lazy top-post quoting, you may also want to choose below my reply (above the quote) following and place my signature.
- Click OK.
Thank you Heinz Tschabitscher @ About.com Guide for this tip
Windows by default, takes 12 seconds to kill any process that is running while windows is shutting down. This is to give the user time to save any work he might need and to give all processes proper chance to close before forcing them to end. Lowering how much time Windows waits for the processes to close, will cause it to shutdown faster.
1.Start-> search for “regedit” (with out””) and run regedit.exe as Admin (Right click on it -> Run As Administrator.)
2.In Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control and modify WaitToKillServiceTimeout to however you want windows to wait. The time is in thousandths of a second so 5 seconds is 5000. I would recommend not setting this TOO low as
3. This time in Regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop , and see if there is a value called WaitToKillAppTimeout, if it is then change it to what you did in step 2. If there isn’t a value called that. Right click on the pane(the box to the right of the navigational pane) go to new -> string value -> name it WaitToKillAppTimeout and then give it the same value as step 2.
4. Now restart your computer and your done.
This Blog, if to be called that, is intended to be a personal journal for quick tips and solutions for Windows and Linux Operating Systems. I will not be updating this constantly, but I will be adding to it when I feel I have something that is worth sharing. Alot of these tips or solutions will be something small and will not affect 99.5% of all computer users, but will be helpful for those who need them. These solutions and tips may also contain a grey area of how they can be used. I’m stating here in my first post, that I do not in any way encourage the breaking of any laws and I expect all who read this to act responsibly. I will give references and credit as much as possible. As some of these posts will contain other peoples work, if I did not give you credit please let me know and I will make appropriate adjustments. That is all for now.