Start Your Reply on Top in Mozilla Thunderbird
To make Mozilla Thunderbird position the cursor on top, above quoted text when you reply:
- Select Tools | Account Settings… from the menu.
- Go to the Composition & Addressing category under the desired email accounts.
- Make sure Automatically quote the original message when replying is checked under Composition.
- Now choose start my reply above the quote next to Then,.
- For lazy top-post quoting, you may also want to choose below my reply (above the quote) following and place my signature.
- Click OK.
Thank you Heinz Tschabitscher @ About.com Guide for this tip